A few months into Delhi,I made my first visit to Chandni chowk. It was a typical ride filled with mouth watering street food to surprisingly cheap stuff. As soon as you enter the market you feel like its an entirely different world. It has a mixture of food, religion, fashion, history, urbanization, chaos, anxiety and commerce. People rushing through narrow lanes.
Walking through the narrow lanes, we found good food in every corner.
Every shop selling its specialty. For instance, we found a movable cart guy, who handed out to us the over hyped and overrated "Daulat ki chaat". It was a mixture of cooked mava and cream which tasted sweet and salty. People say that its a seasonal dish which is available for only four months in a year.
To add more to my been there, done that list, I had the famous Jalebis, They gave us big fat jalebis with oil dripping on the newspaper, barely covering it. It tasted just like the one's that I have in my hometown, Udaipur. They were sweet and juicy and 500 gms for just 50 bucks!
It was a sunny day and I being lazy ass decided to leave, picking the parathewali gali and dahi bhallas for my next visit.



No comments:
Post a Comment