Tuesday, February 17, 2015

In The Streets Of Purani Dilli

The moment I stepped into the streets of Chandni Chowk, I saw a blend of people with food, business, religion, etc.  Narrow lanes, noises of traffic, people moving in a hurry, shopkeepers calling out the names of people, created a huge chaos but I was still looking forward to absorb abundant experiences. 

Chandni Chowk Market



The first thing that comes to mind when one thinks of Chandni Chowk is delicious food and crowded streets and I've always wanted to walk between such streets and taste those delicacies.The  Dingy streets of the Chowk and congestion between them, awful smell of wastes, crowd of people did not appear to be appealing at first but then the urge to explore one of the busiest markets of Delhi is what kept me going.



At each turn of the Chowk I found a market famous for its own thing.One of the amazing sights that I came across was the markets in narrow lanes. Each lane was famous for jewellery, embroidered suits and sarees, electronics, etc. Though congested but are doing a big business. Above those lanes, masses of wires were hanging loose.
The eateries of Chandni Chowk have their own specialty and are known to draw a huge audience. While travelling around, something that I came across and looked very catchy was ‘Daulat Ki Chaat’ which is not available throughout the year.It appeared to be mouthwatering. I tasted it and it was delicious.






Also the jalebis, kulfis, halwas and namkeens of this Chowk live up to their reputation.
Having come across such delightful sights, I came to know that Chandni Chowk is a place to visit.

A lot was experienced through the whole walk and there’s a lot know and feel more..








No comments:

Post a Comment