Monday, March 16, 2015

My Experiences

Module 5 has been motivating but tiring too. Tiring because I arrived at a place known as 'Chandni Chowk.' Maybe the only place where one can find a jam of both pedestrians and traffic? Stepping into the busiest markets of Delhi was challenging but the facts that I discovered about this place were immense. At first I felt out of place. The crowd was such that I thought it was really difficult to mingle up with it.I remember how much I dreaded visiting this place on the first day but then the fear was replaced by the amazing sights that I came across. Delicious food, kulfis, Chaat, Jalebis, places like Jama Masjid, markets in each lane, was something I hadn't seen before.

This module undeniably gave me the chance of exploring a few parts of Chandni Chowk inside out. As said by this module, we had to choose a problem area, study and analyse the environment well and then find a suitable design solution. This was the part I liked the most because it demanded absorbing each and every single detail about the place we chose. I got a chance to study an area at length.

 Moving out in the surroundings, communicating with new people, knowing about their lives, gives you the kind of experience that is unique. And for me it was a very essential thing to do. To be able to design a solution for a particular area, I am supposed to know each and everything about the people that live there and their lifestyle. This module gave me an opportunity to do the same. I walked in and around the lanes, not making myself look like I’m any different, carefully observed the people, sounds, anything  and everything that came in my way. I noticed all the social cultures of different people of the society and the issues faced by them.

It taught me how to step out of my comfort zone and reach out to the areas and people outdoors.Now at this stage I have much confidence to be able to reach any corner, no matter how dirty or dark it is.


1 comment:

  1. A little more details about the place would give a clear picture. Though the conclusion made it clear :)

    ReplyDelete